Welcome to the world of WMEMS!
Interested in the 2016-17 school year? We still have space for a few more students in several grades at each of our campuses. Visit one of our schools to meet the teachers, see the classrooms and find out all about life at WMEMS.
Join our schools!
If you already know you’d like your child to attend WMEMS, feel free to Apply online any time to reserve your space in the grade of your choice.
If you need more information, please feel free to call us:
Bedson Campus (St.James) 204-885-1032
Katherine Friesen Campus (Ft.Garry) 204-261-9637
Thank you for considering WMEMS!
Some general information about our schools:
Most children join WMEMS in Kindergarten, plant their roots, and continue to grow with us. Many, however, join us along the way. Regardless of when your child joins our schools, you can rest assured that they receive the best possible education, safety and care in our nurturing environment. Features of our schools include:
- FULL or HALF day Kindergarten at both campuses. You can choose the option that suits your family’s needs and your child’s readiness to embark on their educational journey.
- A safe environment, where not only physical safety is a focus, but also emotional. Our staff genuinely care about the emotional growth and develpment of our students, and it shows!
- A tight-knit family of teachers, students, parents and community members. Our WMEMS family goes over and above to ensure the success of our students.
- Focus on Values, Faith, Education and Success. We believe that to become successful in life, students must learn first, to be good people. The foundation they learn in our schools will assist them as they have to make difficult life choices.
- Technology in the classroom. Our schools are equipped with up-to-date technology and we encourage the children to become critical thinkers and navigate with current technologies.
- On-site middle school at our Bedson campus. Being in a middle-school versus a junior high environment can be a positive way to transition a child into high school. It allows them to have more independence, but also provides a student-focused approach to learning rather than a course-focused approach typical of a junior high setting. This can help foster the emotional growth that can be so important during the pre-teen years.
- Opportunities for leadership. Our small class sizes and overall small student population allow students more opportunities to step up into leadership roles and receive individual attention from their teachers and school staff.
For more information about our schools, or to take a personal tour, please contact us at 204.885.1032. Registration is now open for all grade levels for the 2016-17 school year. Apply online or visit our registration page for more info or to download a paper application form.