The purpose of this scholarship is to annually provide a $1,000.00 financial award to a WMEMS Middle School graduate who has completed high school and is entering their first year of post-secondary education.
Applicants for this scholarship must:
- Demonstrate academic excellence
- Show a commitment to community involvement/volunteer activities
- Exhibit leadership qualities
To apply for the scholarship, applications must include:
- A brief cover letter explaining the student’s career aspirations, and why they feel they are deserving of the scholarship
- A current resume
- A 500-600 word essay or up to three minute video on how their time at WMEMS prepared them for challenges they have faced in school or life so far, and how they are preparing to meet challenges in the future
- A current photo of themselves
By applying for this scholarship, applicants acknowledge that materials from their application may be used by the school to promote WMEMS and the scholarship. Applicants acknowledge that WMEMS requires verification of graduation from their high school prior to being announced as a recipient. Funds will be awarded to the successful applicant upon confirmation of their registration in their chosen field of study. Students who elect to defer the start of their post-secondary studies are still eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Deadline for applications for the 2017/18 school year, is March 23, 2018. The announcement of the winning applicant will be made on or about May 2, 2017.
To apply, send your application in confidence to ac.sm1519245746emw@s1519245746memw1519245746 with the subject line: WMEMS Alumni Scholarship 2017
If you have any questions about the scholarship, please contact Dina Chudyk, Director of Marketing & PR, at 204-831-1032 or email@example.com
*WMEMS defines a “WMEMS Middle School graduate” as a student who has graduated from grade eight at our Bedson Campus, and who has attended WMEMS for a minimum of 3 years at one or both campuses.
**WMEMS reserves the right to adjust the criteria of the scholarship, decline to award a scholarship if there is no suitable applicant, and/or award more than one scholarship if deemed appropriate.
***Applications will be reviewed by a panel that will include a third-party, non-biased community member, who is not affiliated with WMEMS staff or graduates.