We’re all familiar with leprechauns, clovers, rainbows and the mythical pot of gold, but the grade three class at our Bedson Campus has been learning about the REAL St. Patrick in Christian Education.
Did you know that…
- St. Patrick was kidnapped at age 16 by pirates from England and brought to Ireland.
- He was a slave for 6 years. His job was to take care of pigs.
- St. Patrick became a Christian during the years he was a slave.
- He escaped from his master and returned home to his family.
- He went to school to learn more about God and became a Bishop.
- St. Patrick wanted to return to the country he’d been a slave in since many people in Ireland didn’t know about God and Jesus yet…and he wanted to change that. So he did.
- He taught people about the trinity using a cloverleaf -the 3 sections representing the Father, Son and Holy Trinity.
- He opened multiple churches and schools in Ireland.
- He died March 17th.
Check out this great and entertaining 3 min youtube video about his life.
Happy St.Patrick’s Day!